August 22, 2017, 07:47:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Though the parent site, RealBanknotes.com requires an invitation for membership, the RealBanknotes.com Forums are free and open for anyone to join, so if you have any interest in collecting paper money, feel free to register.  Hope to see you on the boards!

Author Topic: Banco!  (Read 142 times)

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Banco!
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:13:48 PM »
Just a small selection of Mexican state Bancos.  For some reason the backs were not photographed on most of these, I'll have to rectify that later.  The reverse ion the Zacatecas 100 Peso note shown is pretty typical for these, an industrial or landscape scene.

You cannot go wrong collecting these in nice clean condition.  Many issues are scarcer in clean XF issued as opposed to UNC remainders, but all are popular.

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
Re: Banco!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 07:43:24 PM »
I love these sorts of banknotes.  Nice buys!  I try to stay away from Specialized Issues at the moment, just to set some limits for myself.  I will probably begin actively pursuing these once I add Specialized Issues to the website.

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:10:27 PM »
The Mexican Bancos are to be recommended for designs, beauty, popularity, and investment value.  Don't delay too long, the best examples don't last long on the market, and dealer stocks are not nearly what they used to be.

You can pick up a nice UNC copy of the Yucatan note for about $30 or a bit more.

Look for centering or even margins, lack of rubbing, and untoned paper with these.

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 06:52:26 AM »
Thank you for the advice on what to look for.  :)