December 17, 2017, 09:02:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Though the parent site, RealBanknotes.com requires an invitation for membership, the RealBanknotes.com Forums are free and open for anyone to join, so if you have any interest in collecting paper money, feel free to register.  Hope to see you on the boards!

Author Topic: Linking images from gallery to Personal collection?  (Read 472 times)

agnumista

• View Profile
Linking images from gallery to Personal collection?
« on: January 12, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »
Hi all,

I am new to this site and I am starting to upload my collection to this site. However, I had a question.

when I add a currency banknote to my collection, it asks me to upload an image. I see that the image exists in the gallery. Do I need to upload the image again? Is there no provision to link the image from the gallery to my collection?

Please advise.

AGNumista

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Linking images from gallery to Personal collection?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:57:28 AM »
As a belated reply, the answer is Yes, you can link a gallery image to your collection.  Just go into the gallery, select and view a note of interest, and execute the 'Add to Collection' feature. 

So your collection will have the gallery note imaged, not your own note.  The image will be 'ghosted'.  If you want your own note imaged, you need to upload that image from your personal hard drive.

If you want a collection record for insurance purposes, it's probably best to upload your own images.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:10:26 PM by Paxbrit »

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:52:50 PM »
Thanks Paxbrit -- couldn't have put it better myself.

agnumista

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 08:28:30 PM »
Thanks Paxbrit and Proteus ..... appreciate the response, I have started doing what has been suggested. I will try to upload my images the best I can - guess have to get a new scanner :)

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:25:20 AM »
I look forward to seeing your collection.  Cheers.