August 18, 2017, 11:32:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Though the parent site, RealBanknotes.com requires an invitation for membership, the RealBanknotes.com Forums are free and open for anyone to join, so if you have any interest in collecting paper money, feel free to register.  Hope to see you on the boards!

Author Topic: Submit An Article  (Read 238 times)

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
Submit An Article
« on: November 09, 2016, 03:01:53 AM »
Hi gang.

I just wanted you to know that, when you login to RealBanknotes.com, you will see a new option on the Members Page: its the "Submit An Article" option.

This is a function that I have coded from scratch, because most of the existing scripts either did not fit our requirements, because they had security flaws, or both.  That having been said, it is a pretty simple setup.  The form and the process consist of the following:

- Enter a Title (this is required)
- Check the checkbox IF your submission is an announcement and not a news article
- Enter a paragraph or multiple paragraphs into any of the 10 paragraph areas
- Paragraph areas are separated by two optional image upload boxes
- If you use one upload box between paragraphs, the image will be set to a max size of the full width of the site
- If you use both upload boxes each of the two images will be set to a max size of half of the width of the site, and the images will appear side-by-side
- Maximum file size for each of the images is 300kB
- You can skip any paragraph or image upload fields; they will be automatically ignored

I think, and hope, that he process will be fairly intuitive.  However, I have a few additional pointers to offer:

- if you want to start your article with an image or two, simply do not enter any text into the first paragraph area
- you can enter multiple paragraphs into any paragraph area, assuming you do not need any images between them
- vice versa, if you would like more than two images lumped together, simply skip the paragraph areas between them

Because this is a new script, and has limited testing, please make sure to keep a personal copy of any submitted articles.  If there are any issues with the copy of the article you submit (missing text, images, etc) I may ask you to please re-submit.

I can't wait to see what you guys submit!

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
Re: Submit An Article
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:41:56 PM »
Not that it really concerns anyone that much, but I have finally found and fixed a bug on the banknote news pages.  I've been looking for this bug for about two months now, and have been frustrated for the duration of the search.  Today I fixed it.

* Proteus pats himself on the back enthusiastically *