August 22, 2017, 07:46:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Though the parent site, RealBanknotes.com requires an invitation for membership, the RealBanknotes.com Forums are free and open for anyone to join, so if you have any interest in collecting paper money, feel free to register.  Hope to see you on the boards!

Author Topic: Post your favorite Mexican note !  (Read 219 times)

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post your favorite Mexican note !
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:34:33 AM »
They're all my favorites, the Bancos are irresistible to me.  Here is one of my favorites, from the state of Durango and the classic era of the American Bank Note Company production of Latin notes.

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
Re: Post your favorite Mexican note !
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »
Latin American countries sure have some fantastic Private Issue / Specialized banknotes.  Personally I try to narrow myself to General and Modern issues, but through the years I've come into a small number of such notes.  This is one of the more interesting ones (that I own) from Mexico:

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 05:45:20 PM »
The Mexican Bancos are a group that is not to be missed by a collector.  Between the Banco de Mexico, the State Bancos, the private Bancos like your Bank of London and Mexico, and the Revolutionary Era, there is a really outstanding set of collecting fields for about any budget level.

Here is a State note from Zacatecas.

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:55:12 PM »
And one of my favorites, from the Peninsular Bank in Merida, Yucatan.