December 17, 2017, 08:52:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Though the parent site, RealBanknotes.com requires an invitation for membership, the RealBanknotes.com Forums are free and open for anyone to join, so if you have any interest in collecting paper money, feel free to register.  Hope to see you on the boards!

Author Topic: Egyptian Ten Pounds  (Read 380 times)

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Egyptian Ten Pounds
« on: February 17, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
One of my favorite modern Egyptian banknotes, this series from the 1970's deserves to be in any collection. 

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
Re: Egyptian Ten Pounds
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
I've always found this era of Egyptian paper money a bit dull, literally and otherwise.  Using brighter inks would have made them more attractive, but Egypt certainly moved away from what I would consider beautiful designs when the design moved to Tutankhamens mask on the front, and pretty much nothing on the back.  Its a shame, because a country such as Egypt has such a "folkloric" history -- they have no excuse for not having astounding designs, in my opinion.

There are many early designs that I absolutely love.  If we were to talk about an affordable but beautiful design for an Egyptian 10 pound note p23 immediately comes to my mind.

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Egyptian Ten Pounds
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »
You certainly cannot go wrong choosing Egyptian currency as a collection emphasis.  Over a full century of first-rate engraved designs, a lack of inflation history, availaibility in all grades, and lots of collector interest to support values, and even good interest in signatures and prefixes.