March 27, 2017, 05:34:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Though the parent site, RealBanknotes.com requires an invitation for membership, the RealBanknotes.com Forums are free and open for anyone to join, so if you have any interest in collecting paper money, feel free to register.  Hope to see you on the boards!

Author Topic: 2016 General Issues Catalogue  (Read 128 times)

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
Re: 2016 General Issues Catalogue
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 03:39:52 AM »
I've just completed entering values up to and including Nepal, which brings me to approximately the 65% mark.  That having been said, I have to pick it up quite a bit, considering that the 2017 Modern Issues catalogue is slated for publishing in just over a month.  I can't believe it, but I'm actually hoping that they are delayed.  God knows I don't want to finish one catalogue, only to have to begin the next one.  Anyone else want to enter 80,000 data points?  ;)

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »
@Paxbrit,

Earlier you asked about any anomalies in banknote values, in the catalogue.  Since then, I've been keeping an eye on some interesting changes in valuations.  I've just come across one.

Pretty much all "General Issues" notes from Pakistan (so pre-1960) have skyrocketed in catalogue values.  The values have gone up exponentially in the catalogue.  I've seen them slowly go up on eBay, but not to the same extent.  Either way, there's some potential there.

Pakistan Paper Money Listings

Again, these are not my number or predictions.  I am simply identifying a substantial change as per the Catalogue of World Paper Money.  Check out the historical catalogue values for p1 - p14.

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »
Good observation !   

Looks like the early issues of many modern countries are becoming sought after. 

Now, to find some of these with a dealer who hasn't picked up on this, yet....

If you want to see some big numbers, look at Pakistan 6-7 and 14 in graded condition.  4x the new catalog value.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:12:42 AM by Paxbrit »

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 01:33:22 AM »
Guys, I have been stuck on catalogue values for the Philippines because the latest catalogue has added multitudes of new variations, mostly replacement banknotes, with some specimens and proofs thrown into the mix.  As a result, instead of simply adding catalogue values, I've had to add nearly a hundred new listings for the Philippines, and I am probably only about two thirds of the way through.  I absolutely hate when the catalogue does stuff like this, but it is what it is.  Anyways, progress is slow, but is progressing.