March 29, 2017, 04:02:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Though the parent site, RealBanknotes.com requires an invitation for membership, the RealBanknotes.com Forums are free and open for anyone to join, so if you have any interest in collecting paper money, feel free to register.  Hope to see you on the boards!

Author Topic: Adding Unlisted Issues  (Read 95 times)

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
Adding Unlisted Issues
« on: December 07, 2016, 02:51:03 AM »
I don't know if I've undertaken a task that I should not have undertaken quite yet, but I've began adding unlisted banknotes, and assigning them Pick numbers on the site.  Hopefully when the SCWPM updates their catalogues with these notes, the pick numbers will coincide.  After all, I've organized things following their method, I think.

Here are the new notes:

Costa Rica 5000 Colones from 1994
Guinea 1000 Francs from 2015
Honduras 500 Lempiras from 2008

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Unlisted Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:10:56 AM »
I would think the Pick People will thank you when they get around to the next update.

You can always amend your provisional numbers later.

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 06:49:34 AM »
Yes, the nice thing is that updating a website is really easy.  And, as an added bonus, if people add notes to their online collections here, and a pick is amended, their collections are automatically updated as well, which is a huge bonus in my opinion.

agnumista

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »
Hi all,

I have some banknotes in my collection whose pick number is not listed in the SCWPM version that I have with me (unfortunately it is a bit old - 18th edition). I don't find the year of the banknote in the catalog in here as well.

Now the question is:

1. How do I determine what the correct pick number is? I have checked with Banknotes.com and it is confirmed on their website that the date listed on the Banknote is correct. The two notes in my collection that I have checked till now are a USD 2 dollar bill - series 2009 and a Sri Lanka 100 rupee banknote dated 2006-07-03

2. Is there a way for the members to add these notes to the collection with a proper description - basically copying the existing entry of an older year and adding the new one in?

Please advise.

Thanks,

agnumista

Paxbrit

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
I would think a scan of the note being sent to Proteus would get it listed in a short while.

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »
That is absolutely right.  I think that US Paper money is pretty tricky for me to add, though not impossible.  Most other World Paper Money is somewhat predictable.  But, I do have a bit of a personal rule:  no image, no addition to the database.  As I am constantly adding code, images, and sales histories to the site (on top of my other two actual jobs) I don't personally go out of my way to research banknotes that are not listed on the site, but the process can definitely be aided by you guys.

On a related note:  the images you send do not have to be scans of your actual note.  Just find some images on eBay that are the same as the one you wish to add, and you can skip the whole scanning stage.

agnumista

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:42:15 AM »
Hi Proteus,

I have attached the two images that I was able to get from ebay/internet. Please let me know if you need anything else or if I need to scan and upload my banknotes as well (which I will do in due course .. still ramping up).

Regards,

agnumista

Proteus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RealBanknotes.com
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 02:14:11 PM »
I do need front and back scans for each note, and in good resolution.  Please email these to me.  Check your PM for my email.